Looking for a new way to prepare asparagus when it’s in season? Why not make an asparagus salad? This is an excellent side dish for a quick weekday supper or a special occasion such as an Easter dinner party. It’s also a healthful and refreshing side dish on a hot day! The asparagus salad is one of the best simple cold asparagus recipes.
This salad is made using a few fresh vegetables that can be found in any supermarket, as well as a delicious dressing made with components from the refrigerator and pantry.
Let’s jump right into the Simple Cold Asparagus Recipes.
Simple Cold Asparagus Recipes
If you’ve never tried a Cold Asparagus Salad before, this is the ideal place to begin. This recipe calls for fresh asparagus, feta cheese, and red onion. The recipe’s ingredients are basic and readily available. Simply put, the flavors are tempting.
Let’s know the whole recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 12 Mins
- Cook: 3 mins
- Total: 15 mins
- 2 bunches asparagus
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 juiced lemon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- To begin, you must blanch the asparagus. To accomplish this, boil a saucepan of water. Prepare an additional bowl of ice water.
- While the water is coming to a boil, trim the woody ends from the bottom of the asparagus.
- Place the clean asparagus in a pot of boiling water. Allow to boil for one minute (a little longer if your asparagus is really thick), then remove from water. To stop the asparagus from cooking any further, immerse it in freezing water.
- Cut the blanched asparagus spears into 2-inch segments.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, honey, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- In a bowl, combine the asparagus, red onion, parsley, and feta.
- Garnish with additional feta, lemon slices, and parsley, and serve cool.
How to Store Leftover Simple Cold Asparagus:
This salad can be stored for up to three days in an airtight container. Prepare this the day before as part of your healthy meal prep. Just before serving, toss the chilled salad with the dressing.
If you freeze this dish, it will not be the same. Asparagus is one of the veggies that should never be frozen or purchased frozen.
Tips For Simple Cold Asparagus:
- Add cooked rotisserie chicken, hard-boiled egg wedges, or grilled chicken to this side dish to transform it into a complete meal.
- If you have fresh herbs on hand, use these rather than dried ones. You will need more fresh herbs than the recipe calls for in terms of dried spices.
- You could definitely try it with other cheeses, such as crumbled goat cheese or Parmesan.
What to Serve With Simple Cold Asparagus Recipes?
This was all about a salad with simple cold asparagus recipes. You can try adding proteins right to this salad to transform it into a main course. Adding hard-boiled eggs, garlic shrimp, or cooked chicken would complement the flavor profile optimally. This simple asparagus side dish goes well with so many different cuisines too. So add them to any dish you like!
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!