Since zucchinis are one of the greatest vegetables to roast, zucchini fritters are a tried-and-true side dish that is popular with both adults and children. And there is nothing better plant based zucchini recipes than the zucchini fritters.
To make perfect zucchini fritters, you need to know two things. The first is keeping the zucchini crispy and crisp rather than overcooking them and making them mushy. A second component is the condiments you serve with it.
So, if you also want your kids or your better half to taste plant-based zucchini, let’s jump right into the Plant Based Zucchini Recipes.
Plant Based Zucchini Fritters Recipes
Vegan zucchini fritters are made with simple ingredients that are incredibly fresh and tasty. The exterior of these vegan zucchini fritters is crisp, while the interior is moist and perfectly savory. Zesty, herbaceous, and a great plant-based, gluten-free side or snack.
Let’s know the whole recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Total: 27 mins
- 3.5 cups Grated Zucchini
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter
- 2 Spring Onions Chopped
- ½ tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil for frying
- Vegan sour cream for serving
- Spring onions for serving
- Add the zucchini that has been grated to a mixing dish. Sprinkle over the salt, then incorporate. Then, wait for ten minutes. The salt will encourage the zucchini to release extra water.
- Then, squeeze the zucchini with your hands or a paper towels to remove the extra water. Place the strained zucchini in a separate basin and discard the liquid.
- After squeezing the zucchini and placing it in a clean mixing bowl, add the flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, crushed garlic, and chopped spring onions. It will be quite fragile.
- Mix in the melted vegan butter to make a thick batter.
- Preheat the oven to 210°F (100°C) & line a baking sheet with parchment paper over a grill rack. To keep your fritters warm, lay them in this dish.
- Allow 1 tablespoon of olive oil to heat in a frying pan. Once the frying pan is heated, use an ice cream scoop/cookie scoop to spoon out even amounts of batter into it. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, use approximately ¼ cup for each fritter.
- Use your spatula to flatten and press it down from the top. You can cook a couple at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes before flipping – around 3 minutes per side. When both sides are beautifully browned, place your cooked fritters on a baking pan in a preheated oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining olive oil in the frying pan for the next batch.
- Serve with vegan sour cream and minced chives.
How to Store Leftover Plant Based Zucchini:
They are most delicious when served hot, crisp, and fresh. However, if you do have leftovers, store them with covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat them in a hot pan.
Additionally, they may be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat.
Tips For Plant Based Zucchini:
- If your mixture comes together quite well without the addition of vegan butter, then your zucchinis include more water. In this instance, less vegan butter can be added.
- Flour measures might be inconsistent. Thus it is recommended to weigh your flour. Use the spoon and level approach as an alternative.
- Weigh your whole zucchinis before shredding them to get the approximate quantity, and then weigh them again after grating to guarantee precision.
- Cook over high heat. Before adding the fritters, allow the pan to heat up with a small amount of oil. Then, let them brown well on each side.
- Squeeze the zucchini to remove extra moisture using your hands or a dish towel.
What to Serve With Plant Based Zucchini Recipes?
This was all about one of the best plant based zucchini recipes, zucchini fritters. You can top your zucchini fritters with vegan sour cream and additional chopped spring onions before serving. Vegan zucchini fritters are both crunchy on the outside & really soft on the inside, with a wonderful savory flavor.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!