Do you start your day with peanut butter & bread? Why not energize your morning with some new flavors containing peanut butter? Why not try something that will give you loads of energy to cover your work? So here we are with the peanut butter energy bar recipe.
These energy snacks are incredibly simple and require less than 20 minutes to prepare. Protein, fiber, and healthy fats will keep you full and energized throughout the day. Moreover, these only require just a few ingredients. The energy bars will be good for your mouth & health.
Let’s just get straight to the Peanut Butter Energy Bars Recipe!
Peanut Butter Energy Bars Recipe
Peanut butter energy bars made at home are delicious and satisfying. Made with delicious ingredients, these bars are a great choice for breakfast, a pre-workout snack, or a pick-me-up during the workday. Here is the recipe for peanut butter energy bars:
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup chopped Medjool dates
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup rolled oats
- In a medium bowl, soak dates in enough boiling water to cover for 10 minutes. Reserve the soaking water after draining.
- In the meantime, line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, allowing access to hang over two sides. Spray the parchment lightly with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked dates, peanut butter, oats, and salt; process until very finely chopped and beginning to clump.
- If the mixture appears to be dry, add 1 tablespoon of the remaining soaking water. Transfer peanuts to a medium bowl and whisk in. Evenly and firmly press the ingredients into the prepared pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes at Medium power (50%). Distribute the chocolate over the oats in an equal layers.
- Cool in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably longer. Take out of the pan by lifting the hanging parchment. Reduce to 16 equal squares.
Expert Tips You Can Follow:
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper to facilitate removal.
- Bake until the sides begin to softly brown and the middle is barely firm to the touch.
- Cut the bars using a sharp, non-serrated blade. Instead of dragging the knife when cutting, press it into the bars.
- Make squares out of the bars.
- Because oats are frequently cross-contaminated with wheat and barley, anyone with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should purchase “gluten-free” oats.
How to Store Peanut Butter Energy Bars?
You can easily refrigerate these bars in the fridge for up to a week. Place these energy bars in one bowl or jar and then place them in the fridge. You need to cover the bowl or jar so that moisture doesn’t get to the energy bars.
Keep energy bars in a container that is freezer-safe for 1-2 months in the freezer. Before consuming, allow the bars to thaw for approximately 15 minutes at room temperature.
This was all about the peanut butter energy bars recipe. Protein, fiber, and heart-healthy fats galore ensure that you won’t go hungry and will have plenty of stamina to go through the day. Either way, they’re a nutritious pick-me-up that’ll keep you going strong all day long.
They taste like a dessert rather than a healthy protein mouthful. However, they can make an excellent breakfast or dessert when you need something sweet.
We hope this article was helpful & informative. Please leave your valuable thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!